Privacy And Cookies Policy
Version: June 2018.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to the present website operated by the Group IB Service Ltd. to all companies of the Group-IB holding.
This Policy may be amended from time to time. The respective latest version located at www.group-ib.com/policy.html shall apply.
The data controller is Group IB Service Ltd.; 1 Sharikopodshipnikovskaya st., office ET 9 K1, Moscow, Russia, 115088.
Our company takes data security extremely seriously and is committed to processing it responsibly and in compliance with applicable data protection laws in all countries in which we operate.
Why We Collect Data
We collect data for various reasons, such as:
- to provide you with software, services or information - we may collect data that identifies you as an individual or company, which is required to provide you with the software, support, and services that you have requested only in the extend required by law;
- to promote and market our products - we may use feedback that you provide voluntarily on our products or services;
- to provide technical support - we may need to ask you for data to process your support request, especially if it requires accessing your account or other data that you already have provided to us;
- to optimize your use of our website;
- as required by law - we may use and disclose your personal data where required by law, such as in response to a court order, valid subpoena, or other legal process.
What We Collect
When you sign up for webinars, newsletters and/or other marketing materials, we collect information about you. This includes personal details such as name, email address, company name and possibly other information relevant to the offerings, such as technology interests.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- information that you provide to us when filing the particular visitor’s forms (including your name, phone number, email address);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
- information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use);
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send using website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication);
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's freely given, explicit consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this Policy.
How We Use Personal Information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this Policy.
We may use your personal information to:
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
- administer our website and business;
- personalize our website for you;
- send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications;
- send you our email newsletter (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you.
We will not, without your expressed consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Group-IB may also share anonymized or aggregated data containing your personal data to third parties in order to improve our services and internal practices, but in any case where a third party is involved that third party will only have access to anonymized data and will not be able to identify you as an individual.
We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the leak, loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. We use TLS encryption to secure data transfer over the internet.
- Our products and services are not directed towards children. We do not desire to receive or unknowingly collect information about children.
We collect and use Personal Information only when we have the legal basis to do so, which are presented below:
- your consent, which you have given to process your personal data for certain purposes. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, for details read ‘Your rights’ section;
- compliance with legal obligations;
- performance of a contract;
- legitimate interests which include the provision of this website and/or relevant products and services, and/or the carrying out of marketing and profiling activities. We state that our legitimate interests are not outweighed by any prejudice or harm to your rights and freedoms.
Our website uses “cookies”. A cookie is a small pieces of data that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
By continuing to use our Website, you can agree or disagree to the placement of cookies on your computer by us and our third party service providers. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies at all, for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
- in Firefox (version 39) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
- in Chrome (version 44), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit: www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-delete-cookies/.
We may also use web beacons or other technologies to better tailor those sites to provide better customer service. These technologies may be in use on a number of pages across our websites. When a visitor accesses these pages, a non-identifiable notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by us or by our suppliers. These web beacons usually work in conjunction with cookies. If you do not want your cookie information to be associated with your visits to these pages or use of these products, you can set your browser to turn off cookies or turn off cookies in the product itself, respectively. If you turn off cookies, web beacon and other technologies will still detect visits to these pages; however, they will not be associated with information otherwise stored in cookies. Some of our business partners set web beacons and cookies on our site. In addition, third-party social media buttons may log certain information such as your IP address, browser type and language, access time, and referring website addresses, and, if you are logged in to those social media sites, they may also link such collected information with your profile information on that site.
You have the following rights, which you may exercise at any time:
- Access or request a copy of your data
- Obtain information about a third party
- Rectify or amend your data
- Object to or restrict processing of personal data
- Determine the portability of personal data
- Withdraw the consent you have provided for processing
- Lodge a complaint
You also have a right to lodge a complaint by clicking here. If you have a question concerning your rights or the Policy, including withdrawals of consent, please contact us by clicking here or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may update this Policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
Please make sure that you check this Policy occasionally to be aware of how we use and process your personal information.
Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.