Audit for correctness of CSP signal network switching
The trickiest security issues do not affect the normal operation of information systems and only a detailed audit helps to detect them. Here are some problems that cause the direct financial losses for communications service providers (CSPs) and are hard to identify:
- Errors in signal network switching;
- Malicious leaks of traffic;
- "Switching loops" formed to achieve KPI for load or receive repeat payment for traffic;
- Routing through affiliated firms.
We know what indicators to look for and how particular events reflect on traffic. You get the understanding of the criminal schemes and the financial interest of those involved.
You get the answers to the following questions:
- How can a "loop" be distinguished from a call being diverted via a backup route due to a fault?
- How can SIM boxes be detected?
- Which partner companies can pocket your revenue?
- Is your antifraud unit able to identify the losses?