Doing business on the Internet carries a huge number of risks, which, if ignored, may cause financial losses to a company. Hundreds of companies worldwide are under attacks by fraudsters monthly. Moreover, customers' trust on a brand is reducing, while firms are incurring heavy financial, legal and reputational losses.
This service from Group-IB allows real-time detection of online brand abuse and effectively prevents such threats. The main objective of the service is to rapidly neutralize fraudulent resources using your brand.
According to forecasts by Group-IB experts, there will be further continued growth in the number and technical complexity of information security incidents using abuse of another brand as a primary approach. The most typical examples of such schemes are phishing, fake websites, pyramid sites, showcase websites for fake sales promotions and others. The active growth in the dynamics of such fraudulent schemes is primarily due to the high effectiveness in the use of tools designed for brand abuse by fraudsters to collect necessary user data.
According to Group-IB, the most effective method of combating roguish resources is to use a complex of measures that include proactive monitoring, expert content analysis and response to fraudulent Internet resources detected to rapidly
How it works:
Monitoring the Internet by keywords and images for the presence of fraudulent sites
Investigating sites found for fraud
Removing fraudulent sites from direct and public access on the Internet
- Increased market value for your company
- By managing the security and volume of your company’s intangible assets, such as copyrights, know-how, trademarks, and business reputation
- Increased sales revenues
- Interruption of cash flows to attackers’ projects. Removal of sources of illegal distribution of counterfeit goods and confidential information
- Improved business reputation
- Wiping out false and negative reviews undermining your company’s business reputation from search queries
- Increased trust in the brand
- Timely detection of brand abuse and notification to ensure the safety of your brands.
- Compensation for damages caused
- Prosecuting the criminals abusing your brand
Brand Point Protection is a package of services for round-the-clock monitoring, notification and response to incidents of online brand abuse and to any other threats that can cause reputational and financial damage to your organization.
Phishing is a type of Internet fraud that seeks to acquire confidential user data by deception. This tool is usually used with other methods and technologies that together allow the fraudster to illegally obtain confidential data of a legitimate user of a service, for example an online banking user.
Scam resource is a website used by fraudsters to steal money by deception or abuse of trust. Examples are bogus lotteries and prize draws conducted online, such as on social networks. Unlike phishing, the fraudsters ask the victim for assistance in a multi-million cash operation, promising to pay that victim a huge amount as a reward. Users are deceived through various tricks and brainwashing, using communication, for example, by phone or through online dating sites or forums.
Malicious software (or malware) is any software designed to gain unauthorized access to computer resources or to information stored in the computer in order to illegally use the computer resources or to cause harm (damage) to the owner of that information and/or owner of the computer or network of computers. The attack is conducted by copying, distorting, substituting or deleting the information.
A digital content is elements of intellectual property placed on the Internet, which have no physical media. A digital content may be audio tracks, films, video clips, electronic and audio books, software.
Main actions taken by fraudsters on the Internet.
- Sending email or SMS spams that falsely claim to be from legitimate companies in order to increase confidence in the message received;
- Illegally using a trademark to enhance the credibility of their website;
- Collecting and then spreading users' sensitive information;
- Distributing viruses or specialized malicious software.
Fraudulent mobile apps are applications for smartphones and tablet computers illegally using recognizable brands. Such applications may contain a malicious code and infringe copyright. The aim of the attackers is typically to steal personal data and money from users.